Recent Press & News
Nick Seaver is a dad, commuter, and busy professional who once upon a time, in the land before children, saved up a bit of money, stepped away from a busy professional life, put all his belongings into storage, and spent 18 months in the Rocky Mountains with his wife, in full time silent retreat, as part of the first major scientific study on meditation. Why would anyone do this? What does silence and solitude do to the mind? What were the challenges? Benefits? Is there anything that can be brought down from the mountains and into our busy, engaged lives?
This talk was given at a TEDx event using the TED conference format but independently organized by a local community. For full talk click here.
Search our resource library by category:
- Deeper Dive
- Health and Wellness
Click here to see our complete library of recommended books.
Click here to see our complete library of recorded discussions, guided meditations and public sessions available to you to download.
- Garrison Institute https://www.garrisoninstitute.org
- Omega Institute https://www.eomega.org
- UMass Center for Mindfulness https://cfmhome.org
- Westchester Buddhist https://www.westchesterbuddhistcenter.org
- Insight Meditation Society https://www.dharma.org/meditation-retreats/retreat-center/retreat-center-schedule/
- Sounds True https://www.soundstrue.com/store/
- Mindful.org https://www.mindful.org
- Greater Good Science Center at Berkley https://greatergood.berkeley.edu
- Tara Brach https://www.tarabrach.com
- Jack Kornfield https://jackkornfield.com
- Sharon Salzberg https://www.sharonsalzberg.com