Walking Is the Path
Inviting you to bring your attention down into the body, taking this moment to notice what your experience is right now. Now inviting you to move from sitting to standing, noticing all that occurs during that shift, and now taking a moment to notice what it is just to stand. Now inviting you to pick one foot up, move it forward and place it on the ground, and then take several more steps, noticing all the while just what it is to walk; not thinking about walking, or thinking about what walking might involve, just noticing what it is to walk. Noticing the sensations within the body, the contact with the floor, moving slowly and deliberately so you have time to catalogue all that arises. Stopping after several steps, and noticing what it is to just stand now. And beginning again, for several more steps. Letting go of each step as it is completed, attending just to the current step. Not thinking about walking when you’re standing, nor anticipating stopping while you’re walking. As thoughts arise, allowing them to move through the mind like clouds across a blue sky, not pushing them away nor holding on to them. Learning to ride the experience of each moment as it arises.
If movement other than walking is more appropriate for you, knowing that you can attend to the present moment experience of moving any part of the body, in any deliberate way.
We hope that you can join us this week as we walk in community (seated movement will also be offered). Monday evening at Sama Yoga, One note: Monday evening at Sama Yoga, Stephanie Joyce returns to offer gong meditation (thank you, Stephanie!)
Community Sits this Week:
Please note our newest addition to the schedule! Thursday evenings at 7PM at Ferguson Library in Stamford in the Rotary Room.
• Monday 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM Trumbull Library 33 Quality Street Trumbull
• Monday 6:30 PM Ridgefield Library 472 Main Street Ridgefield
• Monday 7:30 PM Sama Yoga 45 Grove Street, New Canaan **THIS WEEK STEPHANIE JOYCE RETURNS TO OFFER GONG MEDITATION**
• Tuesday 1:00 PM Ferguson Library, 1 Public Library Plaza, Stamford (made possible by a grant from Bankwell)
• Wednesday 12:00 PM New Canaan Library 151 Main Street, New Canaan
• NEW Thursday 7:00 PM Ferguson Library, 1 Public Library Plaza, Stamford (in the Rotary Room)
• One Day Silent Retreat with Guided Meditations Saturday April 21. To be held at the First Congregational Church of Stamford 9AM - 4PM.
Email email@example.com to register.
• NEW 6 Week Introduction to Mindfulness for People in Recovery. Beginning April 25th, Wednesdays 7:30-8:30 PM, Grace Episcopal Church, 5958 Main Street, Trumbull. No registration required.
• Mindfulness in Education Conference @ St. Luke's School in conjunction with Spence School, New Canaan Saturday June 9 (more details to follow)
CMP survives on donations. All of our weekly sessions are free and open to the public, but donations are essential to our sustainability. Checks, cash and credit cards are accepted and donations are tax deductible.
Stay up-to-date on all CMP news and happenings by following us on Facebook, Instagram, Meetup and Insight Timer. And our website CommunityMindfulnessProject.org.
May all beings everywhere, without exception, find their path,
The CMP Team
** CMP is a 501c3 nonprofit.
Checks can be given to facilitators at our weekly sits or mailed to:
Community Mindfulness Project
P.O. Box 1713
New Canaan, CT 06840.
** Credit card donations are accepted on our website: CommunityMindfulnessProject.org.
** We thank you!